Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snow day!

It snowed in College Station! And you can only imagine how excited I was, since our recent ski trip was, well, somewhat lacking of snow! I bundled up the girls and we headed out into it. I thought for sure Addi would love it. I had visions of her rolling in it, eating it, making snow angels...I was mistaken! She was terrified of it! What 2 year old doesn't like snow? Through coaxing and bribing, I finally convinced her to take a step off of the concrete. I've never seen the girl so cautious!
Here's Addi moving at a snail's pace. With each step, the snow would crunch under her shoes and she'd say "oh-Oh". I'd have to clean the snow off of her shoes and begin again. Ahh. After what seemed like eternity, we had made it about 15 steps. Okay... Plan B.
The wagon! A much better option! Plus, Sydney could join us.
Doesn't she look so grown up here?
I can't believe she's already 6 months!
Where has the time gone?
Here's a good smile from Addi.
I wish I could say that she overcame her fears & ran like a wild child through the snow, but that never happened. She's only smiling because I would have to push the camera button timer & then run down the sidewalk with both of them in my arms, to what I thought was the center of the picture. Oh, the things a mom will do.

4 comments:

The Smallwood Family said...

Sydney does look so much older there! And just so cute...love the pictures!

Mommy said...

I'm impressed with the timer photo!!! Nice!

harris5 said...

haha...that's too funny Tiff. Sydney looks atleast 8 or 9 months--wow!!!

Brittany King said...

Hey Tiff! The girls are getting so big and are so beautiful! You look fantastic too of course. We sure miss you guys! We are in the process of moving (finally!) so I'll send you our new info once we get settled. Say hi to Ben! xoxo -Brittany