Tuesday, January 27, 2009

how could I forget?

In all of the chaos & confusion of the last couple of months, I just realized that I haven't even blogged about our "new" news. Come August, the Walls will be a family of 4! We're so excited about it. We were a little slower in letting the cat out of the bag this time around. We found out about Baby Wall #2 in December. Some of you already know, but I had been getting my blood tested on a weekly basis since October (which sucked), when I had had a miscarriage (which stunk as well). They were tracking my hormone levels to make sure that I would not need a DNC before trying to get pregnant again. Well, it turned out that my levels had shot through the roof. They called me in the next day for an ultrasound, and whoola, I was pregnant again. That's now the 2nd time that I've found out that I was pregnant at the doctor's office. The triage nurses, whom I've gotten to know real well over the last few months, cried with me in the patient room. It was such a surprise & such a blessing. It was the week before, that I had truly given over the miscarriage to the Lord. I knew that He had a perfect plan for me and that His plan is what I really wanted, not my own. Looking at our situation now, I rest assured that I'd rather Him be in control. A baby due in August (versus May) will give us plenty of time to sell the house, get out of this 6 month lease, and (God willing) be in a new house of our own. I can't imagine bringing home a new baby to this place. Not that it's THAT bad. But a guest room and a nursery, and hot water, would really come in handy once the little one gets here. Plus, come Fall, we're hoping for all of you to come visit us, regardless of how A&M's football team is doing. I'll need some good socializing time and Ben will need someone to vent to and cry with.
I took a picture of Addi in her Big Sister shirt. This is her new big-girl chair that she sits in when Ben & I sit in our recliner. The recliners are the only 2 pieces of furniture in the living room right now, so it's really cute. In the back bedroom, you can see our new king size mattress!

6 comments:

Kelly Bowman said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for y'all. We miss you guys.

Gina said...

My, my, my lets send some praise up to the God of all miracles!! Congratulations!! Love to you guys!! Miss you!

harris5 said...

I cannot wait to have a new baby NEpheW OR NeICe!!

A is for Audrey said...

hey there!
i read your good news yesterday, and i went to comment, and my computer froze on me!! (it's been doing that A LOT lately - so sometimes i need to just walk away, or i may do something to it i might regret).

anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!! that's so exciting! i'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. i'm sure that must have been really hard. but His mercies are new every morning aren't they?!

miss you!!

Mommy said...

Hey Tiffany! Praise God! I'm glad to hear such good news after your significant loss. I'm so sorry about that.

I'm praying the little one stays strong and healthy and I'm praying that your house sells SUPA fast so y'all can get comfy in a new home with this next phase of life.

In Him,
~Lisa

Amanda said...

YEAH! Congrats to you guys! What wonderful news!