Thursday, February 26, 2009

home, sweet home

Well, we said goodbye to our precious home this week. We packed up the remainder of our things on Tuesday. As the movers carried out the last of our furniture, I cried at the empty rooms left behind. Even writing this now, brings tears to my eyes. I can still remember the ice-cream party that we had the weekend we moved in. And I can picture little Samson trying his best to jump the ledge that led to our back porch. It seems like just yesterday, I found that perfect chandelier for Addi's new nursery. It was such a good house to us. I laugh when I think about all the complaining that I've done over the years. How I hated the fact that the washer and dryer were in the garage. And that the closets and bathrooms were WAY too small. Sharing our bathroom on Sunday morning always led to an interesting conversation on the way to church. Now I sit back and think about how much the Lord blessed us in that house. The precious memories we have of where our family first began. I'm so happy and so sad at the same time. Here are some snapshots from over the years...
July, 2004: Our "hired" help on moving day. The Brewer's and Cox's.
Spring of 2005: Our little buddy's routine bath. Man, I miss him!
Spring of 2006: The new landscape. The handy work of Mr. Danner.
Christmas 2007: Just 2 days before Addison's debut.
January 08: The week we brought Addi home. Ben was a natural.
Dec 08: Our snow day. Just 2 weeks before moving to College Station.

3 comments:

harris5 said...

aww..Tiff you'll make all new memories in your new home :0) with your new addition ....love you!

Unknown said...

Oh how much fun we had spending your money and decorating your new house. It was so cute...but the memories will be there and the big spacious house will too!!! We can't wait to come and see you.

Brent and Abbey said...

Gag me with that picture! Remember when the mover guys almost left your couch outside because it wouldn't fit through the door??? I bet it was a pain to get it out again too! We are ready for baseball season in CS and new memories about to be made!