Monday, March 2, 2009

prayers please?!

hey prayer warriors. can you be lifting us up? we're having quite the morning. it began at 2am, when i checked myself into the ER here in College Station. i have fluid in my left middle ear & have been put on pain killers and ammoxicillian. i cried at walgreens as the sweet 24-hour pharmacist helped me put drops in my ear & cried on my way home, feeling sorry for myself that I had gone through the ordeal by myself (ben & addi have both been sick so i had left them at home). and cried myself to sleep in the guest room at 4am, praying that the pain would end. little did i know that at 6am, Ben got up & drove himself to the same ER, saw the same doctor and has now been admitted into the hospital for pneumonia! he'll be in the hospital for 4 or 5 nights until they can get it all under control. poor guy! we had already taken him to the ER friday morning & they had sent him home with a "viral infection". i hate that they missed it the first time. he's been so miserable. now his entire right lung is infected. even the doctors are a bit concerned. ben's mom is on her way here to watch addi so that i can go to the hospital and sit with ben. and my mom is planning on getting here wednesday to relieve debbie. even ben's grandmother has volunteered to come help out. i feel so blessed to have such sweet ladies just a phone call away! if you'll also keep addi in your prayers. she's still recovering from her ear infection from last week. thanks guys! love you!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Yes, asking right now on your behalf. We love you. Let us know when you're all well.

Unknown said...

Seriously...let us know what we can do...that is a lot of sickness at one time. I hope that Ben feels better and I know that you want to be with Ben.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, wow....I will definitely be praying! What a tough time you are going through but I am so glad you have Ben's mom and your mom to help!! That is wonderful. I hope you guys get to feeling better soon and Ben gets well quick. I know its tough seeing your husband sick! Keep us posted.

The Smallwood Family said...

we have been thinking about y'all and praying for wellness!

Brent and Abbey said...

Oh, Tiff... I want to call and check in, but don't want to bug you... I will keep up through your mom. Hang in there and get rest for the little bun in the oven! We love you and we are praying for Ben- thank you Lord for good medicine and good doctors!