Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All things new

With things getting back to normal in the Wall house, I thought I would get back to blogging about this blog's MVP: Addi. She is growing up SO fast! It hit me this morning at our weekly playdate. We met at the mall & let all of our kids run around the food court tree house. Addi is a little younger than the rest of them, so she usually just follows them around (thumb in mouth) and mimics what they do. Well this morning was no exception. The main tree house attraction is of course the tree house slide. It's a long & winding slide that can only be reached after climbing about 15 gigantic steps. It never crossed my mind that Addi would actually think the task feasible. It never even phased her. She steadily climbed every step all by herself & slid down (bottom first, thank goodness) all by herself. I had to call Ben at work & give him a play-by-play. I was so proud of her! I think she was even tickled with herself. A few of the older girls would "catch" her at the bottom and direct her back to the stairs so she could do it again. It was adorable. My baby girl is growing up. I wish I had my camera on me. Here's a few other things that are new with Addi.
* American Idol: She LOVES it & claps for EVERYONE, regardless of their talent
* Shoes: She knows that when we put our shoes on, we're going to go "bye-bye", so she now brings them to me
* George: Since we run everywhere we go, we bought George (a backpack/leash) a few weeks ago. (I'm now one of those moms). She loves George. She pets him, kisses him, drags him around by his leash, I mean tail. But she absolutely hates George when we put George on as a "backpack" (the whole purpose of George). Ahhh. We're learning. I'm learning. * The Aggie war hymn (Ben's favorite): One of the local tv stations plays the war hymn during it's "station identification" break. Addi claps and rocks back and forth. Is this brain washing?
* Elle the Elephant: Addi rocks as hard as possible, falls off, laughs, and then gets back on. Repeat. * The big-girl bed: Last week we tested out a twin mattress & she absolutely LOVES it. Every night around 7:30, she gathers up Lovie, Lucy & Puppy and swaggers to her bed room and tries to climb into bed. Our evening prayers have been shorted to "Thank you for mommy, daddy & Jesus. Amen." Then she literally leaps into bed. It's awesome! Why did we just now think of this?

3 comments:

Julie Wheatley said...

yay! the blog is back! and Addi is just getting cuter and cuter. now that everyone is healthy you are going to be held to a higher picture posting standard. and we want to see baby #2 too! And the cute hair, has it grown out yet? And oh me oh my. So many updates needed. But I commend you on a great start! :)

Brent and Abbey said...

Man, I have been missing your updates and you reward me with a long one!!! Yay for big girl beds!

harris5 said...

aww..my sweet babes!! love her dress while she is sleeping..that was one of my favs :0) miss y'all...coming for Easter, RIGHT!!??