Saturday, April 11, 2009

a lesson from Addi

Earlier this week, Addi and I practiced hunting easter eggs in the park by our apartment. Addi LOVES being outside, so I figured this would be a great excuse to enjoy the nice weather. Things started off great! Addi was so excited when I spread the plastic eggs on the ground. She immediately ran to the closest one, picked it up, held it out to show me what she had found, and then ran to the next one. Pretty soon she had 3 or 4 in her hands and no where to put them. I followed her with the basket and tried to convince her to put the eggs in the basket so she could pick up more. That is when disaster struck! The last thing she wanted to do was to put the eggs in the basket. She immediately grasped at each one, trying to take them back out. "Addi, you can't hold all of them at once", I repeated. This went on for about 10 minutes until we finally just sat down on the ground and poured out all of the eggs around us. Only then was she happy. I sat there thinking about how I'm the exact same way with life's "plastic eggs". I hold on so tightly to what seems so important to me at the time. The Lord has so much more in store for us, if we would just lay down the little things in life.
Lord, help me loosen my grip. Addi found a lady bug

3 comments:

Mommy said...

You're such a good momma - practicing an egg hunt. I like the life lesson, too. I needed to hear it. :)

The Smallwood Family said...

a great reminder and so true! it was good to see y'all this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog! Love the pictures of Addi. Miss you friend.