Thursday, April 2, 2009

planting roots

Yea! We've decided to build, rather than buy, a house in College Station. We signed the contract this morning! We're 5 months out from moving in, but at least we've got the ball rolling. That should put moving day exactly a month after Baby #2 gets here. Our builder joked this morning about having a pregnant woman on his case all summer. He has no idea! It's probably better that he's clueless of my perfectionism. He'll learn soon enough. Ben has opted to leave all of the nit-picky decisions up to me and I couldn't be more excited about it. I've been tearing out magazine pictures for weeks now. Front doors, faucets, chandeliers, etc. You'll have to remind me of this initial enthusiasm in a few months, when the excitement has worn off and I'm having to choose between white and off-white plumbing fixtures. As for now, I'm more than thrilled about the whole process! Here's Addi out at our new lot. Already digging in the dirt. She's definitely not a "miss priss".

4 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

where is your lot??? so excited for you guys!!!!

harris5 said...

CONGRATS :0)

The Smallwood Family said...

Cal told me you guys had picked a lot - that is so exciting! You'll have to show us when we are down there!

Mommy said...

Congrats! How exciting!!! :)