Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home sweet home

Well, we've finally moved in. I still have boxes to unpack and closets to organize, but it's so nice to have a place of our own. It took an army of friends and family to get us in here. Ben's mom helped pack boxes for us and then babysat the girls while a group of guys from our Sunday school class, through sweat, tears and rain (I cried because of the rain), moved everything we own to our new house. In just 3 hours, we were done! Well, almost. My parents showed up the next day loaded down with more furniture that I had bought in Ft. Worth. It took another round of Sunday school guys to finish the job. Thank goodness for hard working boys and for Jennifer, who brought the pizza! The next weekend, our good friend Matt came into town to help Ben with the landscape. Actually, Ben helped him. Matt has an incredible eye for landscapes and with Ben's help, they planted 90 plants in one day. Whew! And it looks great! Thank you to all who helped out with this great process. This project has been my life for 6 months and although it's been fun, I'm more than thrilled that it's behind us.
Addi watched Mickey Mouse (her new favorite)
while we brought in boxes.
Sydney is pretty easy going these days.
New lights and sounds were enough entertainment.
Deer freely roam the neighborhood. Ben took this from our driveway.
Addi wanted to help with the landscape.
The dirtier, the better.
A view of the boys' hard work.
The front porch.
Here's the front living room. I still need to decorate.
Moving is hard work.
Here's the kitchen.
I love the stripes and chandelier in Addi's room. Very girlie.
She loves the new, clean carpet.

6 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

I LOVE IT!!! I love the 2 colors of countertops in the kitchen and the supports under the bar. You did GREAT!!! The landscape looks awesome! I love foxtail ferns... they don't do wekk in Dallas though. I see lots of good memories to be made there! See you tomorrow, friend!

harris5 said...

wow!!! AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see it all in person..its beautiful (:

Farden's said...

What a beautiful home to have your girls grow up in! I love the kitchen... with a home this wonderful I am sure you will have lots of visitors.

Lindsay said...

the yard looks great!! :)

Mommy said...

What a beautiful home Wall family! Y'all will be settled just in time to make new memories and traditions in it over Thanksgiving and Christmas...!

The Smallwood Family said...

its beautiful Tiffany! all your hard work paid off!